Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Damn it

I woke up in the middle of the night to discover the scar from the most recent surgery had opened up and oozing all over the place.  I jumped in the shower to clean off and drove myself to the emergency department.

Another CAT SCAN, and another ambulance ride to a big, university associated hospital.

However, this time, the "surgery" was so minor they did it in my room and with just localized numbing agents.  It does seem a tad cruel that you have a sore, tender spot and they want to insert a needle (and a big one at that) multiple times in just that spot.  But, it did the trick because I didn't even feel any of the actual cutting.

There is talk of sending me home tomorrow. And, in between baggies of meds being dripped into my arm, they are disconnecting me so I can move about on my own.

But, again with the drama and the hospital.

You'd think karma would have moved on after I popped a tire driving into a parking lot in a city 100 miles from home yesterday.  Stupid karma.

No comments: