Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Another step

In reward for my being dedicated to getting into shape last year, I gifted myself (for Christmas. . . I may not go to church, but I don't pass up gifting opportunities) a pre-paid, year membership in a gym.  And, 10 days into the new year, I got sick.  Today, almost 4 months later, I finally walked back into the gym.

I like to do the exercise thing early in the morning.  Which, for those of you who actually know me, is shocking.  I love sleep.  I love my bed.  I love rolling over for another two hours of "nap" after I wake up.  I like the post breakfast nap and the after lunch nap and the before dinner nap and the after dinner nap.  I love sleep.  And, I do it really well.

I gave myself permission to reset my alarm if I didn't feel up to snuff at 5:30 this morning.  But, I didn't do that.  I got up and grabbed my shoes and water bottle and headed out the door.  Only, as I pulled out of my neighborhood, I realized I'd forgotten my iPod.  And, when I arrived at the gym, I saw they had a bunch of new machines and I could not figure out how to use them.  Finally, I found one of the older ones not being used.

I didn't do much of a work out.  But, I worked out.  And I had a yogurt and raspberry smoothie (homemade with real fruit, not fruity syrup) for breakfast.  Tomorrow, I'll remember my iPod.  I might even ask how the new machines work.

Now, if I could stop looking like Troop 48's first aid exhibit, we might actually think life has returned to normal.

No comments: