Tuesday, April 29, 2014

The dance I dance

with karma.  It's little things that remind me not to get too cocky.

Last night, after spending the afternoon in the office, acting like a normal working person, I was singing along to music, badly, and preparing dinner.  I even felt like life had finally returned to normal.  It felt good.

I was preparing the makings of Cobb Salad, including making the dressing.  I just love the feeling of accomplishment of making a perfect vinaigrette.

And then Karma reminded me that I shouldn't get so cocky.  I did something I don't think I've ever done before.  I burned the garlic/parm toasts.  BURNED them while crumbling blue cheese.  Sigh.  Luckily, I had plenty of ingredients so I could remake them . . . this time, paying close attention to what I was doing.

Now, if I could get over this snotty nose I've picked up just as I'm ready to get back to my normal life . . . although I guess you could argue that a runny, snotty nose is normal for me.  I'm a snot monkey.  sigh.


No comments: