Monday, July 29, 2013

Chipotle Summer

Today, I stayed home to recover.  I was bad sick yesterday, and although I was upright the whole day, today, I was far from healthy.  Plus, you need 24-hours to allow the antibiotics to kick in to make sure you aren't contagious.  And, you know how crazy humans get when they think there is a monkey-to-human disease floating around out there.

Any way, I spent my day alternating from the couch to the stove.  Because I enjoy spending the whole day making food most of America can buy for a buck off a taco truck.

I made this recipe.  Why, yes, I do happen to have large cuts of pork in my fridge.  I am southern, after all.

Then, I skimmed most of the fat off about 2 cups of the braising liquid and used it to heat up (and cook for about an hour) some rinsed and drained black beans.

It didn't pack the punch of the drunken beans, but was a darn tasty meal.  I think I might be developing an addiction to chipotles.


No comments: