Tuesday, November 06, 2012

In the name of

Phenom says that his father always took him to vote.  He says that his father always voted for democrats, but wouldn't ever fill in the "straight party ticket" bubble.  No, his father gleefully filled in each bubble for each democrat on the ticket.  I do the same thing.  Truth be told, I've never been able to bring myself to vote for a republican.  I just can't.  Even if the individual is a decent human, the party platform is just so hateful.

So, today, when I filled in each bubble individually, I thought of Phenom's father. 

Earlier this fall, as the Old Woman was dying, one of her grandchildren married.  This child's sister put together a scrap book of letters and memories from women in the bride's life.  Because the Old Woman was not able to contribute, herself, I wrote a letter on her behalf. 

Now, if I could just figure out how to vote on her behalf . . . she'd want me to do that right? 

No comments: