Saturday, September 01, 2012

Just don't double it

Unless you really love fudge or have the Chinese Red Army coming over for reals.

I found a super easy looking recipe for fudge.  Well, found it in my facebook news feed.  Because, between liberal, navel gazing rants, I get recipes in my news feed.  Since I will be visiting various folks over the weekend, and it is considered Southern to bring a little token of appreciation for the folks who will be putting fresh sheets on a bed and washing extra towels for you, I made a double batch.  I cut 4 dozen bite-sized squares, and only used up half.  I think perhaps I didn't need to double it.

Peanut butter chocolate fudge.

Line a square baking dish with foil and butter the foil.

1 bag ghirardelli 60% chocolate chips
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 1/2 cups mini marshmallows

Heat over med heat (you might want to turn it down some once the chocolate is melted so it won't burn), and stir pretty constantly until everything is melted.  The marshmallows will melt last and it will be very stiff and will require you to wonder why you wanted fudge so badly.  Trust me, it is worth it.  Remove from heat.

add 1 tsp vanilla
1 cup smooth peanut butter

stir until it's all incorporated.  (This will be faster and easier.)

Pour into pan, cool to room temp (about 30 minutes) and cover/pop in fridge for at least an hour.  Cut into small squares, or spoon directly into your mouth.

No comments: