Thursday, August 30, 2012

Goofball to the rescue

I've hit the wall.  I'm too exhausted or stubborn to give in. . . or maybe I worry that if I start crying, I just won't stop.

I don't know if the kid understood my mental state, or if it were her usual goofiness, but my favorite 10 year old and I had the silliest conversation the other night, and it could not have been better timed.

Lately, she has become quite interested in universal domination.  What's cute is that she totally defers to the monkeys as the future evil overlords of the universe.  (And, me as the supreme leader, natch.)  We have come to the decision that the chipmunks will be our henchmen.  She, of course, will be my personal henchman.  Each henchman chipmunk will be armed with a slingshot for doling out instant justice.

She decided that we should just do away with most of the humans.  I proposed that the really good ones (our personal favorites) could become our pets.  She thought it might be better if we let the really rich ones become our pets.  (That kid may think of herself as a chipmunk, but she has real monkey potential.)

She also decided we should devise games so that our pets can be healthy.  We made up several games . . . like "go, fetch" and "monkey ball."  I'll leave the particular rules up to my henchman to craft.

She also decided that in our utopia universe, ruled by the Evil Overlord Monkey, there should be gifts and parades honoring the Evil Overlord Monkey on a daily basis.  I thought we should have special parades and plays dedicated to the heroics of the henchmen chipmunks on at least a weekly basis.

We are going to rename our universe "M" and the anthem will be "mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm"

Gifts and parades!  Chipmunks armed with slingshots!  How could this go badly?

No comments: