Wednesday, July 18, 2012

And, there were drums

This past weekend we were able to get away to a funky mountain town where we have friends.  Our friends have a most impressive house, overlooking . . .  well, everything.  And, they have a big deck on the second floor of their home, so we could spend our evenings drinking libations and watching storms move through the mountains (or, fireworks as was the case the second evening). 

I'm so jealous of the people who live in this town.  Vibrant arts scene.  Wonderful restaurants.  Farmers' Markets all over the place.  And a vibe that says "be you.  We can handle it."

Which is how, on Friday night, we found ourselves doing a "chipmunk dance" at the weekly drum circle.  And, how I was reminded that I love that I still see new sides or learn new stuff about the Phenom, no matter how long we've been together.  Frankly, I've probably been selling him short.  Never in 100 years would I have imagined suggesting "hey, let's head down to the drum circle" and him being an enthusiastic member of the circle.

Maybe someone needs their own drum for christmas?

No comments: