Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Super Supper

Even though we have daily conversations about how much we'd love another tray of char-grilled oysters, it is amazingly easy to feed the Phenom.

Tonight, I had a pile of fresh corn from the farmers market.  But, for Phenom, I put in a little effort.  I peeled and wedged up a couple large, new potatoes.  I cut up a small onion and several jalapenos.  I salted, peppered, and tossed in olive oil and roasted in a 425 degree oven for about 40 - 45 minutes.  (Turning the potatoes half way through.)  Then I sliced one breast of a store roasted chicken and warmed it in some homemade bbq sauce a friend passed along to us.

Phenom thought it was a spectacular meal.  Not char-grilled oysters, but close.  Even better, there is left over for tomorrow night.  'Mater sandwich for me!!

No comments: