Sunday, May 20, 2012

Update

In January, I wrote about two new food places that had opened up in our little corner of culinary hell.  You can find the posts here and here.  I thought I'd give you an update.

The cupcake place, has expanded their offerings to brownies and chocolate dipped strawberries.  They have also opened a second location.  A second location within walking distance of my office.  I could have the cupcake scarfed down before I got back to the office, and no one would be the wiser.  Heh.

The bbq joint closed.  As far as I can tell, the end of March was when they closed.  Today I noticed a real estate sign out in front of the place.  The guy used god knows how much money and about three years of navel gazing to build and open the joint, and closed business within 3 months.  Kinda sad.  And, it's one of those things that annoys me to no end.  He had opportunity and family to support his dreams and all it took was three months of half-ass doing it for him to throw up his hands and walk away.

No comments: