Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Sappy

I have a confession to make.  I read the Vows column every week.  I have for years and years now.  Along with Post Secret, it is part of my Sunday morning routine.  Some times the stories are touching and bring a tear to my cynical eye, other times I just roll my eyes. 

This week, I was surprised to learn that the column is celebrating 20 years of being around this year.  Sap that I am, I'm finding this touching, because later this year Phenom and I will be celebrating 20 years of being hitched. 

One of the aspects of our relationship I find most interesting is that even after so many years of being together, I still learn things about the Phenom.  And, we still have tremendous fun hanging out together. 

But, more than hanging out and having fun, there is such security in knowing that we have such a long history together, that we have weathered difficulties together, and pretty much have arrived at something like happily ever after. 

I told you it was a sappy post.

No comments: