Thursday, December 29, 2011

Christmas in N'awlins

I don't like the feeling of being out of control of my environment or life.  And, since I couldn't dictate the behavior of other people, I decided to throw my hands up and take off for Christmas.  The Phenom and I always have a good time in N'awlins.  We actually relax when we're there.  We have a good time together.  We eat and drink, a lot.  And, since this was our mutual gift to each other, we didn't worry about a budget.  It is nice to have outings where you quibble over who gets to pay, not how much it was, no?

We like to count up the new things we do with each trip.  We've been going to NOLA for 20 years now, and still, every trip, we try, drink, eat, or see something new.

Additionally, I decided that my photos needed to have a theme.  So, my theme became Santa in NOLA.  The guy above was the Santa posing for pictures in the French Market.  Only, in NOLA, he's called Papa Noel.  The Papa Noel at Pat O's appeared to be an over grown college boy with fake whiskers and a badly fitting suit.  This guy had real whiskers and was taking real joy in pictures.  I also suspect he knows which list I belong on this year.

We both agreed that this was one of the more relaxing, better trips we've ever taken to NOLA.  Hopefully my liver and the one kidney I have left will forgive me before I go back.

No comments: