Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Better than catnip

I may have mentioned before that one of my sick pleasures is taunting our cat "T" (the black and white one in this photo).  T is in love with the Phenom.  She is Angelina to his Billy Bob.  If only he'd give her a vial of his blood to wear around her neck, she might be happy.  She tolerates me in the household because she really doesn't have much of a choice.

So, I like to point out the many evidences that I am number one in the Phenom's affections.  "OOOH! Look, jewelry.  Has Phenom, ever bought you jewelry?  I didn't think so."  "You know what T?  Phenom is taking me on vacation and leaving you here, alone with the other bastard cats."

Over the holiday drunkfest that was our trip to NOLA, I found a beautiful fleur di lis collar and leash for the dog.  The dog that the cats hate beyond hating.  It is black and gold, and the gold is metallic thread, so sparkly.  And, it was a double bonus because it allowed me to extend the taunting of T to "T, look, Phenom bought the dog a swell new gift and didn't get you anything."

But, I did give the old collar to the cats.  And, despite wanting him drawn and quartered, they love to rub his smell all over themselves. Allowing me to point out to T that it is almost like Phenom got her a gift too.

Taunting cats.  Yep.  I do that.

No comments: