Saturday, November 19, 2011

Stalled out

I love this time of year. Mostly because it's non-stop cooking and the stores around here start carrying items I actually want to eat. (The produce section falafel I got the other day for lunch wasn't half bad. Not crunchy like fresh falafel, but not stones either.)

There are wild mushrooms! Various fresh fruits! Many types of cheeses!

In planning my feast for Thanksgiving, I have given consideration to the tastes of our guest. I know that the caffeine in chocolate is sufficient to make him hyper if he eats it too late in the day. So, I decided I would have to buy decaf coffee to serve with dessert (pumpkin cheesecake with a brown sugar/bourbon whipped cream). I had the hardest time selecting a bag of decaf to buy. I never drink decaf. Hate the stuff. I tend to drink coffee recreationally, and I want the full effect.

Finally I settled on something medium roasted and organic. And, I have no idea what I'm going to do with the rest of the bag.

No comments: