Wednesday, November 23, 2011

The Rant Can Wait

I'm kinda working up a rant . . . a rant that will probably win me no friends. And possibly vats of holy water dumped down my back. But that can wait for now. For now, I just want to say that I am feeling very much loved and lucky. I have some tremendous friends.

This whole week, I've been a couch surfer. A sneezing, wheezing, coughing, hacking, spewing, farting, sharting, running-for-the-loo, haven't showered since I don't know when couch surfer. There has been rocking, and moaning, and pleas to "feel my head" and wads and wads and wads of kleenex. Frankly, I think the whole "flu" thing has gotten old with Phenom.

But, I called in sick three whole days this week. The last time I called in that many days in a row I had e-coli and was hooked up to tubes and machines that go "bing" at the hospital.

And, every day, one or more of my friends have called, emailed, texted, or facebooked me to check in. ESK covered the office single-handedly right at the holiday rush. Others have practically begged to fetch me something, anything, that might make me feel better.

Now that I'm upright again, I can appreciate how wonderful it is to know so many people care.

THANKS, ya'll.

No comments: