Wednesday, November 02, 2011

Memory Lane

Don't get me wrong, I love my digital camera. I like seeing the photo immediately and knowing if I got the shot I wanted. I especially love taking extreme close up shots of Phenom when we're drinking at Pat O's. (Or, as I put it . . . I get all artsy with my pictures.) But, I have a huge box of actual print pictures. Remember those? You had to get them all printed and then flip through them to find the 3 decent shots on the roll? But, no matter if you'll never use, appreciate, or even like the other 22 pictures, you can't bring yourself to throw them away?

Tonight, I was flipping through a few sleeves of those old photos when I came across several 5X7 photos of my favorite 9-year-old-soon-to-be-10-year-old. Soon to be 10 year old as in this weekend. And, the pictures are of her first birthday. OH MY GOODNESS HOW SHE HAS GROWN!!! I also have a picture of her hugging her mother at about 2 years old, and honestly she has the same expression on her face as in this year's school picture . . . and I'm pretty sure that 10 years from now, we'll get pictures of her all grown up with the same expression.

Now that she's 10, we can be a little more risky with our silliness. The word play is more sophisticated. And, I am so very aware that the clock is ticking until she starts rolling her eyes and thinking that we're just a silly bunch of old people who just don't get it. I'm trying to enjoy every minute of her thinking I'm fun while I can.

No comments: