Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Team members

Today, I will be doing orientation with the newest member of our team. I've reviewed her application, noted points of interest, and have pulled together the essential items that scream "TEAM."

I guess this is a little like the giddiness of the first day of school. The expectations, the high hopes.

Like all newbies, she seems excited and enthusiastic to be working with us. Her prior experiences are a tad thin, but I'm hoping that translates into "not over worked and burned out."

But, I can't help be be reminded of the old jokes about work places that wine and dine you while you're a candidate and then chain you to a desk once you're hired. I hope she isn't disillusioned by our work and we don't discover that she has some incredibly annoying personal habits.

Plus, in honor of the orientation . . . staff lunch at one of the nicer restaurants in town. YAY. Perhaps I'll order something that isn't a fried blob.

No comments: