Saturday, August 27, 2011

Menu Change

A good friend is breezing into town tomorrow, as she travels onwards towards her home. We invited her to make a pit stop for dinner with us. I was going to make jambalaya. It's one of those meals I can make with my eyes closed and makes great left overs.

Then, I remembered she's recently gone vegetarian.

So, I'm going to dive into attempting falafel. I love falafel. There are no local outlets for it, so I have been gently preparing Phenom for a new taste. I knew I'd have a better chance of Phenom trying it if I could make it when company was at the table. This is perfect. I've told Phenom it's like hushpuppies, only made from chick-peas. Phenom likes chick peas. Phenom told me today that he also likes tzatziki. I can't imagine when Phenom has had tzatziki, but I'll take it as a good sign.

So, baba ganoush, falafel, tzatziki, pitas, olives, tomatoes and cucumbers for dinner tomorrow night. And, for dessert, I'm going to swirl some blackberries that have been macerating in vodka for a couple of months now into some whipped cream.

No comments: