Thursday, July 28, 2011

Okay, I'm allowed one sappy moment

I generally find PDA via facebook annoying. I have blocked one person's feed who regularly posts with her b/f sexy sexy stuff that frankly no one need be witness to anyway. I rolled my eye at the girl I went to high school with, who is a grandmother for kristsakes, who started making declarations of love a short two weeks after her first date with a guy.

But, today, I'm getting a bit misty eyed. The daughter of a good friend of mine is all grown up. I've known her since she was screeching at her mother "you don't love me" and slamming doors. Now, she's got an advanced degree and a job title to match. Tonight, her intended returned unharmed from Afghanistan. She has posted a couple of pictures of their reuniting . . . and I think it's sweet.

I assume they don't much care what I think anyway.

No comments: