Thursday, June 16, 2011

Abundance

I'm in one of those wonderful situations of having too much food in my house right now. I blame the farmer's market and the wacky winter we had this year.

Our tailgate market is open on Wednesday mornings. I pass it on my drive to work. I cannot resist stopping. Even when I know it is the last week of this CSA. Yesterday, I got a bag of tomatoes, a dozen ears of corn, several cucumbers (a few given to me from one of my favorite farmers), and a ripe smelling cantaloupe. (I spent a total of $11 for all that farm fresh goodness.) I still have zephyr squash, cukes, onions,okra, and potatoes from last week's CSA bag. (Curiously, all the tomatoes vanished.) I also have cucumbers, snow peas, and grape tomatoes from my own garden. I picked my first beefsteak heirloom tomato yesterday and should have two more for this weekend.

The CSA bag held corn, potatoes, cucumbers, tomatoes, peppers, and a cantaloupe.

ESK and I ate the cantaloupe I bought for our lunch today. I will happily be eating tomato sammies all weekend (I have some fresh motz and basil too), but it looks like I'm going to have to make a big veggie saute for the next couple of nights. Looks like the perfect opportunity to try out the curry powders a friend brought me from Europe. I love the smell of curry so much I've been thinking of making a curry perfume with a bit of the powder and some vodka.

No comments: