Monday, August 02, 2010

And then, a bird crapped in her tea

I went to see a concert last night with an old friend. This friend is someone who knew me "when" and as another friend put it . . . lived to tell the tale. The performer was Joan Baez. Joan Baez was a favorite of the grad student. Apparently, hearing her songs over and over in the behavior lab made an impression, because I was surprised by how many songs I knew the words to or recognized.

The moment of levity from the evening was when an over head bird dropped crap and it landed with a sploosh in her tea. And, in her reaction, she commented that she knew people would write about the concert and the one thing we'd all focus on was that one moment.

Even better than the concert was the chance to catch up with a friend I've not seen in a life time . . . rather two lifetimes . . . those of his children.

And still, I'm always a bit amazed when humans I consider my contemporaries are actual, functioning adults. I have a sneaking suspicion it means I might be "grown up" too. shudder.

No comments: