Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Ennui

The frantic pace from earlier this month has left me with a sort of anti-climatic ennui. The Chickie likes to have projects for curing her. I can't even think of a project that would bring me out of my dol-drums.

Good thing I'm headed to New Orleans next week for a fall mini-break. But, even though I know it's just a week away, I still feel like it is a world away. sigh.

Oh, something bizarre happened today. A vendor stopped in the office. Nice enough british old guy. He always has a political opinion to share and is rather solicitous. But, when he left, our office smelt suspiciously of pee. (I know . . . there seems to be a theme with me and people who smell of body waste! I have no idea. Maybe I've got some bad bathroom karma?) Anyway . . . we searched for another possible source of the scent . . . but no, I think it was our little british friend.

I think I'm going to buy stock in fabreeze.

No comments: