Sunday, April 22, 2007

Wrap Party

The Phenom's production has wrapped. There will be a brief break - then it's a grind to learn the new role and move on to the new production. Such is the life of the theater.

Tonight was the wrap party. Once upon a time, we hosted these affairs, but I've decided that I've seen way too many of the Phenom's colleagues naked and that someone else should host. The great thing about the wrap party is that stories are told of backstage hilarities and hair is let down. After seeing these people as a "role" for so long - it's good to remember who they ACTUALLY are before moving along.

Also, there's a lot of drinking at this party. Since there isn't make up or wardrobe or early calls in the morning - everyone looks forward to tying one on. (Thus, the seeing folks naked) Let's just say, I was the driver - and someone is waking up tomorrow with blue toenails. Heh Heh.

SIDE NOTE TO THE CHICK: I agree - fresh tomatoes rock in salsa -- but after years of living off the old people's garden, I'm tremendously picky about the quality of fresh tomatoes. I really only make salsa with fresh in that magical couple of weeks when really good tomatoes are available at the farmer's market. Speaking of - strawberries have hit the streets here. I've said it before, and I'll say it again - the best thing about living in the south is that you can live off the foods to be found (for sale) on the side of the road.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

But what will we do about peaches this year???