Saturday, April 28, 2007

Various and Sundry

Yesterday, I got an example of "multi-culturalism" and "global children." I was speaking to a very old friend who is expecting a new child in the very near future. She is from a cajun place on the planet. Her husband's family is from Lithuania. She told me of a day recently when her two, nearly three year old, was being difficult, and she resorted to the age old "wait until your father comes home." That evening she reported the difficulties to her husband - and he asked the child in Lithuanian why he'd behaved in such a way - and the child answered him in cajun. That folks is multi-culturalism, defined.

This evening, we hosted our little sports team for a cook out. I made a rookie mistake of giving them chips and salsa to start - and they filled up before the meal hit the table. So, I have massive food in my frig. Now, I just need to figure out how to consume it all before it's no longer good. It was a nice evening - and good to see everyone one last time before they scatter.

Now, I need an adult beverage and to put my feet up.

No comments: