Saturday, March 31, 2007

A MUST Have for the Summer



I'm, of course, assuming that you KEEP margaritas in the freezer always.

No kitchen or cook is complete without one of these lovely lovely grill pans. It's cast iron, so it will be something your grandchildren threaten to bang each other on the heads with in order to inherit it. They come already seasoned, which makes them all that much easier. They take lots of heat, and make fixing quick summer meals a snap.

Tonight, we had grilled shrimp salad. I always brine my frozen shrimps to thaw them. The brine makes the shrimps plump and juicy. Then, I patted them dry on paper towels, tossed with some veg oil and old bay seasoning. I heat up my grill pan on med. high heat until it's very hot - and then laid out the shrimps in a single layer. By the time I got the last shrimp on, it was time to flip the first ones, and by the time everything was flipped, the shrimps were done. They were tender and yummy and cooked in a flash.

I also like to do quick grilled chicken breasts on the grill pan - and rings of pineapple. They are inexpensive, will last forever, and amazing. Go buy one. If you click on the title of this post, you'll go to the site where you can purchase it from the manufacturer. Oh yeah - I'm not getting paid to write this - not like some product endorsements on blogs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll be damned! I might be needing one of these thingys. I only have the small one I use for cooking up the corn bread in the oven. You have sold me, Bongo!