Sunday, April 06, 2014

Little tricks

Between the initial emergency and the first surgery, I purchased a small lap top computer and lap desk so that I could keep myself occupied/check email/play games/chat with friends during my recovery.  It was the best purchase I've made in a while.  I sleep with the computer next to me on the bed.

Because I have to take medication on a strict schedule, I frequently find myself awake in the middle of the night and unable to get back to sleep.  Generally, this means I troll facebook, read the comments on news stories, and watch programs on amazon prime.  (Curses on Amazon for cutting the prime accessibility of food network shows.  I already pay for prime, I'm not paying extra to watch the shows I want.)  When you look at a program on the prime listing, they will also show you other programs people who watched this program also watched.  Through this little service, I have found THE SHOW.

It's a cooking show.  And, it's fairly recently produced in the UK.  But it is done in 80s style documentary with calm/soothing voice over.  And, I haven't yet watched an entire 30 minute program because it puts me straight to sleep.

It's perfect!  I'll never get bored with the series because I'll never make it through a whole program . . . and I don't spend hours every night being an internet troll.

No comments: