Thursday, November 07, 2013

Getting exactly what I want,

with maximum fuss.

Or, my first world problems.

This morning, I woke up about 20 minutes before my alarm was due to go off.  But, I needed to pee and 20 minutes is really miserable when you're fighting a bladder and wanting sleep.  So, I got up, went fast, came back to bed so I could recoup at least most of those 20 minutes.

When I got to bed, I realized Phenom wasn't up yet.  I convinced myself that I'd read the clock wrong and it must be 3:11 not 5:11.  YAY!!! TWO HOURS MORE SLEEP!!!!

And, in 20 minutes my alarm went off.  It's Thursday.  Phenom doesn't get up early on Thursdays.  GRRRRR

My brain said "I don't wanna go walk."  My brain said "we'll walk extra tomorrow." and after a few minutes, my reason overruled my brain, and I got up, got dressed, grabbed my phone and iPod to go walking.

Only to find it raining. Great.  I get to go back to bed . . . which is what I wanted, but now I'm fully awake and it's only 45 minutes or so from when I'd normally hit the shower.

So I read.  Which made me sleepy.  And I fell asleep 5 minutes before second alarm went off.

At least it's payday. And I work from home tomorrow.  And I have Monday off.  But, I still feel cheated.

No comments: