Monday, March 04, 2013

Blame the media

All media . . . traditional, social, all of it.  Now, I'm a big fan of social media and the interwebs.  I try to restrain myself from the overshare, but I do appreicate the voyeristic look into the lives of people I know, use to know, wish I knew. 

But, I think we are headed down a slippery slope.  From the vague facebook statuses that beg for attention and affirmation, to the spreading of misinformation and ignorance, to the opening up of a forum for every moron with a smart phone . . . we are a doomed people. 

Want proof?  It use to be that former presidents could accomplish diplomatic missions when the president couldn't be seen as traveling or taking a side in a sticky spot.  Now, Dennis Rodman is our representative.  Really?  We are doomed.  DOOMED.

No comments: