Monday, August 13, 2012

I forgot my hairnet

But, I did remember to put a couple freshly laundered aprons in my bag this morning.

I have a friend whose work place sponsors a day camp for kids each summer.  The camp is for 5-8 year olds, and they get to make all sorts of crafts and read and learn about growing and making food and all sorts of fun stuff.

And, at the last minute, the person who normally prepares lunch for the campers was unavailable.  So, this week, I'm volunteering to make lunches for campers.  The meals are already planned (all picky kid eater friendly) and ingredients purchased.  I just have to go cook it all.

When I told the Phenom my plan, the first reaction was "don't get all fancy . . . they are just kids."  Which is exactly what I can imagine the Old Woman saying too.  It seems I have a reputation. 

No comments: