Thursday, July 05, 2012

Feasting

We have a house guest coming for the weekend.  So, I'm in full on menu mode.

Friday night, dirty rice with garlic bread and a key lime pie for dessert.  I've got the pie in the oven now.  I made the crust with gingersnaps and lime zest.

I bought nutella (something that rarely appears in our house), so I was thinking I might make thin nutella sandwiches and then make pan perdu with them.  MMMMMM, chocolate stuffed french toast . . . .

For lunch, BLTs.  Largely because I could live off of fresh, summer tomatoes and bread.

Dinner time is the blow out.  I'm going to do jerk pork tenderloins on the grill.  Serve it with mango salsa, kohlrabi/apple slaw, and couscous.  For dessert, I've made a chocolate marquise.  That's a frozen, dense chocolate mousse.  It is a serious hit of chocolate.  I'll make a raspberry sauce to go with it.

Then, for breakfast, pancakes.  I have some tiny, sweet blueberries from the farmer's market for the blueberries.

And, we'll be making another batch or two of blackberry vodka.  Because you can't have too much blackberry vodka.

No comments: