Friday, June 29, 2012

Pico

I admit it.  I have a culinary crush on Donald Link.  So, when he posted a recipe for pico de gallo on facebook today, I immediately started to crave some pico.  Then, the fates worked in concert and I managed to escape an obligation just a tad early.  I drove out to my favorite farm stand and picked up what I needed for fresh pico (and a couple of quarts of blackberries for blackberry vodka).  

Pico de Gallo.

Finely chop up 3 good sized, ripe, farm fresh tomatoes, 2 jalapenos, a small onion (purple is pretty), and a small handful of cilantro.  Dress with the juice of a lime and about a teaspoon of salt.  Also, sprinkle in just a pinch of chili powder.  Allow to sit in the fridge for at least an hour before you devour with a family sized bag of little bowl shaped tortilla chips.

I served it up with cheese quesadillas and refried beans.  Quick, yummy, and limited extra heating of the kitchen.  How could you go wrong?

No comments: