Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Just plain weirdness

Remember that episode of Seinfeld where Elaine gets "difficult" noted in her medical chart and by the end of the episode, she's begging Kramer to get a vet to prescribe medications for her?  Yeah.  The Old Woman likes to threaten that someday, if I don't watch it, that will be me.  What the Old Woman doesn't know is that I have a terrific relationship with my vet, and I'm confident she'd happily prescribe meds for me.  And, I prefer to think of myself as an "assertive" patient. 

So, after several months of being put on this drug or that one or tweaking it a bit and being introduced to a variety of machines that "go ping" I have finally been released from a not so fun chapter in my medical history.  But, now I'm hyper aware of anything that could be a symptom of recurrence.  And, frankly, it kinda feels like my brain has been co-opted by aliens.  Like the aliens who took one of my kidneys a few years back. 

No comments: