Thursday, February 23, 2012

Comic Relief?

Today I had one of those long, drawn out, civic leaders types of lunches.  Yes, we dined on steak and baked potatoes and salad. . . but we were served steak (well done) with flimsy plastic cutlery.  Frankly, I suspect it was a test.  I persevered and managed to eat my full lunch with out shooting meat across the table into any one's lap or giving up and forking the steak and just chewing on it rather than trying to cut bites.

And, then there were speeches and self-congratulations and obligatory standing ovations.  Although I know I should have stuck around and schmoozed a bit, I really just needed to escape the windowless hell.

When I got back to the office, this is what I saw behind our building.


Our office is just down the street from a charity shop.  People donate all sorts of crap to them all the time.  I'm not sure if the placement out side the dumpsters was artistic or ironic or lazy.  Perhaps one of the nice old ladies who works in the shop didn't want to handle the maleish bits any more than absolutely necessary.

I'm thinking I might need to pick them up for nefarious uses, if they are still there tomorrow.  If not, I'll always regret not taking them when I had the chance.

No comments: