Thursday, September 29, 2011

The In Crowd

A couple of years ago, I wrote about our brief inclusion into the popular kids' club. We'd made friends with one of those super smart types, and somehow found ourselves in the whirlwind of parties and fetes and deep discussions about the world. And, then our friends moved on and our popularity sank back to more accustomed levels.

This weekend, we'll be dipping our toes back into the popular crowd. We've been invited up to the summer home of the Smart People, and will be attending a party and a college ball game, and will once again be "in."

This trip is a couple of firsts for me too. I've never been to the town where we'll be visiting. Also, I've never attended a college football game for the team playing. And, we'll be tailgating with the alums who donate the big bucks.

And, oddly, I've not even started to worry about what I'll wear.

No comments: