Saturday, July 09, 2011

Soothing

Lazy day here. Started out with a early morning call from my favorite 9 year old. She was downloading a new computer program and needed a way to fill the boredom. I know the day is fast approaching when she won't see me as fun or interesting, so I was happy to be her entertainment.

Then, a three hour girlfriend phone call. God I miss those conversations. I use to have friends that I could spend hours on the phone with each week . . . but, not so much now. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon . . . floating in the inflatable oasis and chattering away.

Tonight, Phenom is taking me out on a date. No matter how old I get, or how long we've been together, I still love the ritual of getting ready for a date. The selection of a scent . . . the picking out the outfit and jewelry. The dancing around the bedroom to music, singing at the top of my lungs.

This evening, I pulled out my very first iPod. It is a second generation iPod and needs to be plugged in to work. But, I found my old playlists. Back when I was the only kid on the block who had an iPod, I use to make "mix tapes" on cds for my friends. I made several for friends with kids. Since I have a low tolerance to Barney, I wanted my friend's kids to have music that was appealing to kids but also wouldn't drive the parents nuts. I found a play list I made for a friend's little boy a thousand years ago. Pretty good, if I do say so myself.

And, last night, a friend called to say she found Pimm's for me and would be sending it via another friend. I think weekends don't get much better than this.

No comments: