Thursday, August 05, 2010

To Be Fair

My office is often forced to interact with a particular human in the regional office. She isn't terribly bright and has delusions about how much power she actually has. (although, I am totally willing to believe that at one time she might have been "bright" . . . but that was before doing a lot of drugs in her youth.)

I notice that because we dislike this particular human, we are much less forgiving of her when she perpetuates the stupidity. Last week, she created a fustercluck (clever turn of spelling, no?) when she insisted that quarterly reports be sent to her physical address and then listed the PO box. It took several region-wide emails to determine what the hell she really wanted. And, the whole thread was concluded when she replied to our questions with "quack, quack" . . . literally, I'm not making it up . . . she typed "quack quack" in an email in response to queries.

I find that I am frequently more inclined to ignore or forgive the random errors of humans I like . . . and hold a grudge against those I don't. Is that human nature? Have I finally become one of you? Or, is this just the learning curve I keep hearing about? Whatever it is, I'm gonna try to be a little more fair when dealing with tee-total idiots in the future. Really.

1 comment:

LibraryGhost said...

She wanted the forms filed in ducklicate--one to each address, and with a rubber ducky enclosed.