Friday, July 06, 2007

Not replaced yet - but a bit jealous

I'm visiting the old folks this weekend. The old woman has decided that she finds squirrels terribly cute. She has professed to be rather fond of them. She leaves out lots of food to lure them close to the house so she can watch them.

On one hand, I can't help but be reminded of the slow, deliberate way that she lured me into her home and family - and have to work to not be jealous. I mean, who wants to think they could be replaced by what amounts to a rat with a fluffy tail? I may not be able to back down a tree like they can - but can they cook?

On the other hand, they aren't likely to be able to hold up their side of the conversation - and empirically, they are cute. Full of fleas and rather picky eaters - but cute.

Maybe I should make the effort to visit more often?

No comments: