Sunday, May 06, 2007

I never knew it was a "disorder"

click on the title for a link

When I was a young monkey - I couldn't fall asleep unless I banged my head back and forth until I became utterly dizzy or exhausted. I just figured it was my own personal weirdness.

Occasionally, when I have a hard time sleeping now, I can rock my head on my pillow and fall asleep pretty quickly. There is just something soothing about the motion.

Now, I see that it is an actual "disorder" and that it's somewhat common in human children - and is often the result of maternal neglect. Great. Something else to be mad at over my captivity as a young monkey. Who knows what brilliance I might have exhibited if I'd not shaken loose so many of my brain cells? At least, I like to think it was the head banging that did it - not the large quantities of beer (etc) I've consumed.

No comments: