Sunday, March 11, 2007

unanswered bracketology questions

We're nearly half way through March, so it's about time the madness begins. The brackets are set. There weren't really all that many surprises, given the automatic bids from conference championships. But, I have a few questions yet to be answered. . .

a) how many minutes of air-time can dickie v really go without mentioning "duke" or "coach k" ? Even when talking about other teams, he manages to make everything relate back to duke or last year's duke team, or duke teams of 10 years ago. Frankly, I suspect the rest of the country would like dickie to just declare his undying love for coach k, propose marriage, and shut up already.

b) is there even a word that truly describes the fact that digger matches his highlighter pen to his tie? Faggy is an insult to gay folks. Nerdy is an insult to smart folks. I'm at a loss as to the appropriate word. Someone help me out here.

c) Is the pointy-haired boss on Dilbert based on billy packer? The resemblance is uncanny.

d) In a cage match between digger and billy packer, who wins? The Phenom thinks billy would win because he'd fight dirty. I think that we shouldn't discount what digger might do with that highlighter of his.

I don't have a clear-cut prediction as to who might win it all. I'm sure lots of folks think Florida will repeat, but I don't think they are that strong. North Carolina and Kansas can be streaky. And, I honestly think Ohio State was better without their standout freshman. Texas has some talent, but if their stand out freshman goes cold, gets in foul trouble, or injured, they don't have a prayer. I guess the only advice I can give is don't bet everything you got on one team. This year, it seems anyone could win it.

No comments: