Monday, March 19, 2007

Capt'n Crunch or Shredded Wheat?

That is the question I spent a whole 20 minutes pondering in the grocery today.

There were several forces battling for supremacy in my choice of breakfast cereals. One, I went to the grocery after work, which rarely happens. I know why - because I never got over that whole thing for cookies and milk for human children at the end of the school day. I am convinced that I must have a snack when I return to my home after a day at school, work, or play. Also, I've grown tired of my very grown up, very responsible choices as of late. I've been eating organic bits of what might as well be ground up rocks with cinnamon sprinkled on them. I wanted something that was sinful. But, as I paced back and forth, up and down the cereal aisle, I couldn't decide which little voice to listen to.

I picked up a box of something in day-glo colors. 3 of the first 4 ingredients were a form of sugar. It went back on the shelf. I picked up the wheat biscuits. There weren't that many ingredients - but for some reason one of them struck me as not what I wanted to think of eating early in the morning. I can't remember what it was, but it was enough that that box went back on the shelf. Finally, I compromised and got a box of the sweet version of something that advertises itself as heart healthy. Sigh. Now I wish I'd gotten the day-glo stuff.

On an completely unrelated note to the Phenom: You put DISHES in the DISHWASHER, not cats.

No comments: