Wednesday, March 28, 2007

And the Cinderella Dress too.

This afternoon, I had a few minutes to speak with a young human woman I know who will be getting married to a young human man in a few weeks time. Having been acquainted with this young woman for several years, it's really fun to see how excited she is about getting married. She is normally a fairly serious, hardworking person. She isn't "overly girlie" in her dress or manner. She's the type of girl who can shoe a horse and drives a truck.

She's proudly sporting a diamond ring. She grins from ear to ear when speaking about her upcoming wedding and honeymoon. She assures me that she's not a bit nervous about the wedding or being married. But, by far, the most endearing moment in our conversation came when she gushed that she looks like Cinderella in her dress.

I never would have guessed that deep in this woman was a girl longing for her "Cinderella" moment. But, I'm so glad she is getting it.

And, all evening I've been singing the song "I love to cry at weddings" -- because, you know, I do.

No comments: