Friday, February 05, 2016

I'm so easy

We replaced the Problem Child this week.  I'm going to call her replacement The Adult.  The Adult is closer to my age, but she also is light years away from the maturity level of Problem Child.

She has demonstrated an eagerness to learn.  She is embracing the work we do.  And, I made her cry in her first week.  Sigh.  But, to her credit, The Adult pulled herself together, helped me fix the issue, and didn't decide that she must forever be a mean and nasty little brat as a result of her error.

This far in, a whole work week, I'm going to say I am thinking pretty positive thoughts about the newbie.  I don't think she'll ever be an ESK, but there is potential for at least coming in second.

I do feel a bit bad that she is getting thrown into the fire first thing.  But, it will be sink or swim, and sometimes that's the best way to embrace a new challenge.  Then, she have a couple of months of being able to breathe.

Now, if I could only get the other worker to act human, we might actually have something.

No comments: