Wednesday, February 08, 2012

The Luckiest Little Monkey in the World

It took me a long time to be comfortable enough in my skin to be a good friend to humans.  I spent so much time, as a young monkey, worried that I might be discovered, outed, exposed, that I never really allowed myself to really have a connection with individual humans.  As I spent more time living among humans, I got more comfortable, and was able to be more relaxed with humans.  With a few false starts and wrong turns along the way, I have finally arrived at a place where I feel pretty comfortable with my place in the world.

And, then there are times when I'm just blown away by the capacity humans have to express love and affection.

This week, I have been the recipient of overwhelming love and affection.  I'm still in awe.

The SMLF has decided that I needed a full week of birthday celebrations this week.  Every day this week, a different monkey has been responsible for a different treat.  My yard got "flocked"

There have been lovely lunch time treats too.  Homemade baklava, homemade lollies, and an ice cream sundae bar.  There are still treats to come.  But, most importantly, I am just so appreciative of the great lengths my friends have gone to in order to make me feel loved and appreciated and celebrated.

I am so very spoiled.

No comments: