Sunday, July 03, 2011

Little Touches

While vacationing, we discovered the lovely drink Pimm's Cup. It has quickly become our new favorite. It sits firmly into the catagory of "light, refreshing drinks designed to be sipped in this miserable heat" drinks. Much like mojitos.

Pimm's cup is roughly equal portions of Pimm's, lemonade (or collin's mix), and ginger ale (or soda).

And, I think I mentioned in the last post, I can't get Pimm's in this town. This culinary hell. Not only can I not get it, the fine folks who are usually more than willing to swap recipes and chat a spell with me at the liquor store looked at me as if I'd asked for bottled poo when I requested it. Sigh.

Last night might not have ended up being a drunken beer fest in the back yard if I'd found the Pimm's. We had friends visiting town on their way to the family 4th get-together. I thought that a pitcher of Pimm's cups and perhaps some steaks grilling might be a good evening.

But, it was not to be and we had salads and beer. But, they told me they'd called liquor stores in 5 counties during their drive looking for a bottle for us. Such great friends, no?

No comments: