Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Revenge

I like to kid my friends who have children that the sole reason I spoil their children is because I don't know which of my friend's children will someday have the task of putting my hairy, wrinkled butt into a nursing facility. I kinda am banking on all of these children having at least one memory of me letting them have the gumball their parents said no to . . . or getting them the really cool christmas gift . . . or coming up with the perfect rainy day activity and decide to put me in the home where the orderlies will change my diapers more than once a day.

Now, I'm thinking that it will be a tasty revenge to just be a pain in the arse.

Remember the Old Folks and their dire condition? The worry? The late night baking just to keep me from hovering over their sleeping bodies with a mirror to make sure they are still breathing?

In the last 36 hours, they have driven across three states and back. Why? Because the Old Woman had been given a photo of a house she once lived in and developed a hankering to see it in person. That, and visit the dead peeps one last time.

You cannot imagine the worry . . . and the incredulousness I'm experiencing at the report that they had a fine trip, ran no one off the high way, and are in good spirits. Where was that pool the old people went into to get young in that movie?

No comments: