Thursday, November 01, 2007

A well traveled monkey, indeed

I'm starting to allow myself to get truly excited over my trip to NYC with the Chick. This got me thinking -- because when one has a head full of lather it just seems to inspire thinking -- I've been lots of places in the last several years. This will be my third trip to NYC in the past 10 years, I've also made two trips to California, two trips to baltimore, three trips to DC (at least), a trip to san antonio and a trip to boston and more trips to N'awlins than I can count. And, that doesn't include the trips to the beach or mountains or to concerts. Some where back there was a trip to houston and a trip to chicago as well as a few more trips to DC - but that was more than 10 years ago and hardly counts.

I pretty much love all aspects of travel. I love the planning and anticipation. I love driving to the airport and the process of travel. I love figuring my way around a new place and discovering some groovy, out-of-the-way place to have really great food. And, I love coming home and sharing my travel stories.

This trip with the Chick should be one of those at the top of the list.

1 comment:

The Chick said...

If I weren't going I would be sooo jealous!