Thursday, March 08, 2007

My dirty little secret

I've discovered the down side of having my evil side-kick. I've totally been outed as "not-smooth."

I generally like to think of myself as "smarter than the average bear" and pretty darn smooth. You'll have to admit, it takes some skills to pass off as just "a tad off" instead of people realizing that they are addressing a monkey. I've held my job for some time now based on my good numbers and work product.

But, then comes along the evil side-kick, and in no time at all, I'm going to be known for my clumsy ways.

For example, I made some great declaration that was deep-thinking and meaningful, then turned around and walked into a door. See? Not Smooth.

Today, I shuffled papers around on my desk as I quietly searched for some receipts for an expense report. I finally admitted I'd lost them and started into full panic mode. Just then, I find that I've already processed the receipts and have put them exactly where I wouldn't lose them. Again, not smooth.

I'm getting away with it now, because the evil side-kick is still learning the job. But, it won't be long before she figures out that she can use this information against me. I have started the process of making sure she has reason to be totally loyal to me. I'll bring a camera if I have to. Hopefully, it won't come to that.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does new doppleganger know he/she is referred to as "the evil sidekick"? I want to be someone's evil sidekick! How can I get in on that, I wonder.....