Saturday, December 19, 2015

1st world problem resolved

Now that the dark force that over took my work place has been vanquished, I can turn my attentions to real issues . . . what am I going to wear for fancy restaurants/bars in NOLA over Christmas?

Originally, I'd purchased a black lace skirt/sequined cashmere sweater (very much different than my usual wardrobe of frumpy and dowdy) and a purplish blue with black velvet scroll design dress for christmas wear.  Then, I started looking at the weather and it is going to be in the high 70s/low 80s next week.

I will sweat right through those outfits.

Monkey sweat is not pretty.

I found a nice button down, white shirt and bought a big, chunky necklace to wear Christmas Day and then I already have a wrap-around style shirt that can work with the lace skirt.   So, I wear the skirt to days in a row.  I'm not likely to be judged in the City that Care Forgot.

For some reason, the last few months I've been obsessed with party clothes.  This is very much unlike me.  I normally don't dress up.  I tend to have a "uniform" and just make slight variations from day to day.

Maybe, since I can't show off being a silver-back, I want sparkle and sequins instead.  Because that helps a monkey blend in, doesn't it?

No comments: